Friday, February 27, 2009

OT Finally got a smokin' deal!

Hopefully my luck is changing. After the start I've had this year I was beginning to think some realtor put a hex on me. As you know my PC packed it in, Our Dryer died, A sliced my hand open and a new one, the front window on my wifes car had to be replaced thanks to a rock on the fwy. Then I did my taxes :-( I dunno wtf happened by I owe uncle Obama a crap load a dough. I guess it's up to me to bail out the banks.

Well, I finally got a deal on something. When we bought the new washer and dryer we decided to see how they would be without the pedestals. Those tin cans cost $250 each! That's about 40% of the cost of the actual appliance for a tin box with a drawer. After a week my wife says she wants the pedestals, or at least one for the washer. Before heading to the store I thought I would check Ebay. I found a whole bunch but they were only about $40 cheaper than in the store and with shipping it was a wash. Then I ran across one with no minimum being sold by Best Buy. So I bid, I put a max bid of $50 and figured I'de get outbid. I was the first bid so it posted at 99c.

I got the notification I won the item tonight for the princely sum of ........ ONE DOLLAR AND THIRTY cents! Yea baby. So I will pray the hex is finally broken.

2 comments:

Empire Realty said...

Hey X,

Your right, furniture, appliances and the such are all going for low low prices.

I also hear that storage facility auctions are going through the roof as people that store their 4k square foot homes find out they cannot keep up the rent on the storage.

I guess it might be time to upgrade the kid’s bedroom sets.

Take care!

RJH

Renee' said...

I'm telling you all - I buy just about everything used - I get it on Craigslist.

It's amazing what you find in there - apparently allot of people are "re-doing" their homes and they seem to have allot of appliances for sale - yeah - like WHOLE kitchens...LOL!

My new home I am purchasing needs a dishwasher - all the other stainless steal appliances are still there - I have seen them on C.L. as low as $150 and they are pretty new. I also found 2 side-by-side stainless steal refigs that were in mint condition and only about 2 yrs old - they were going for $500 each.

Hey - I am not going to question these homeowners for taking out the appliances on their foreclosures and then selling the crap - hey - I'm making out on the deal.........I am just wondering when I will see the homeowner who had my home selling the 10 sets of doorknobs that they took. LOL