Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Signs of the Times

A few short observations from the last couple of weeks.

Where have all the sign spinners gone? Driving around last Saturday I noticed the sign spinners have vanished. Only a few weeks ago there were spinners every where. Some corners had 3 or 4 of them. Last weekend I didn't see any. Have the builders thrown in the towel?

Restaurants must be hurting. I have noticed that restaurants are much less crowded these days. I eat out 3 or 4 times a week so I do tend to notice when places are busy or slow. The last few months I've hardly ever waited to be seated. Last Saturday at 6pm we headed down to the Riverside Market Broiler with 14 people for dinner. I figured an hours wait with that many people, nope, we were seated right away! Market Broiler...14 people..Saturday night...NO WAIT!

Went to the Mall the Tuesday night after (7pm) the Thanksgiving weekend. I drove up to JC Penny and I asked my wife it it was closed. The parking lot out front was a ghost town. There were only 3 or 4 cars. When we walked in there was not a customer in sight. I could have fired off a gun in there and not disturbed anyone. The whole mall was like that. The kiosk workers looked like they were all asleep.

It's WAY easier lately to get a good tee time on Friday mornings or even weekends. Many of the courses are running specials to attract the few golfers that are still playing.

The Riverwalk Vista Development seems to be dead in the water. Does anyone know if they mothballed that development. The model homes were finished months ago but they have not put a stick up since. The website has also been scaled back and offers almost no information anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed the lack of twirlers too. They're usually all over Eastvale. Maybe they've just finally sold every last house in Eastvale. Not.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Santa gave his elves the holidays off? Yeah, I didn't think so either.