Monday, October 1, 2007

Which home would you buy?

I'm sure most of us would pass on both, but assuming you just had to buy a house which would you choose? These homes are about a block apart on the hill beside RCC MoVal Campus. This is in the best area of MoVal. Most of the homes, schools, roads and stores are new.



Home 1, 26240 CLYDESDALE LN is a 5/3, 2803 sq/ft home in Moreno Valley Ranch or soon to be known as the city of Rancho Bellago. The original owners paid $291k for this castle in 2003. They added a $1500 chandelier and a security system and seem to think this justifies the asking price of $580k. You would think after 220 days they might lower the price.


Nice pic, Mr. Realtor!

Home 2, 16437 HACKNEY CT is a 4/3, 3238 sq ft with a pool and spa. The bank took this one back and has it listed for $399,900. So you get a bigger home with a pool for $180K less. Ther is another listing for another home of this model a few doors down also for $399k. So you get two to pick from, both $180k less than home 1.

I know $180K may not seem like much these days. After all, we have gotten brain washed into thinking $6ook is a cheap home. But think about what you could do with that $180K difference.
These crazy priced homes are just too easy to find these days. They have no chance of selling and I have a hard time understanding why realtors waste their time and clog up the MLS with these overpriced homes. They must know there is no chance they will sell. Even the lower priced homes I am showing here have little chance of selling in today's market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your site is very interesting to read. In the 80's I purchased a 3 bedroom home in Moreno Valley (Actually it was still Sunnymead) and lived? there for 6 years. Perhaps I should say I slept there, with the commute everyday to nearby LAX, I saw my home on Sunday. Then MV started changing and not for the better. All the little gang bangers I left behind in Inglewood followed me to MV...
Hopefully, in 2007 it has changed but, I doubt it, so the couple with the expensive chandelier and security system should think twice about asking this high price. I was lucky and made money on my house...others were not.